BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Blessings

I hope you had a great long weekend! We sure did! We went to Oregon to work on the StearnsGroup milling business that we've started. There were several Maple trees down at Winema, and we were able to get permission to have them. That was pretty awesome. I think Mark and John (Mark's brother) calculated about 500 board feet. That will be nice when it's dried and we can sell it! It was a lot of fun to see the nieces and nephews, too. They are getting so big. Dylan and Deryk are already 8, Riley will be 5 on Sunday, and Bryce and Bryan are 3! It's been fun living close because they actually remember us when we come visit them, and they don't have to spend the first half of the visit getting comfortable around us all over again. My favorite quote from the weekend came from Riley. I said to her "Riley, you know that with your blue eyes and Tate's blue eyes you look like you could be brother and sister." Riley looked at me and rolled the pretty blue eyes as she said "Auntie Jenni, I already have a MILLION brothers, so what I need is a sister!" I laughed until I cried it was so funny! She really does want a sister, but told me she would be happy with another girl cousin, too. Tate loved his time with his cousins, too, but his favorite was seeing Auntie Katie. He's got a huge crush on her, and it's so obvious! He always reaches for her, and smiles his gap tooth smile when she looks at him. I'm pretty thrilled with his first crush, because it shows that he has good taste! It really was a great weekend with family, now if only the Baxter clan was closer...:)

We also got to spend time with both sets of my grandparents. They are all doing fairly well, and it's fun to see how much they love watching Tate develop. It can be a little overwhelming at times with so much family in the area, but they are all very understanding about seeing everyone and that makes it a bunch easier to handle. Plus, you can never be too loved, right?

I got to talk to my brother yesterday! He's in Hawaii on a YWAM school/mission program. He's heading to Nepal in early April and couldn't be more thrilled about it. I got teary on the phone yesterday because he's grown up so much in the couple of weeks that he's been there. It's so encouraging to hear him talk about his mission and get excited about it, even though it's going to be long and difficult. He is so spiritually grounded right now. I love it. He is doing incredibly well, even if he misses Phoebe (his girlfriend) like crazy. I am so overjoyed to hear the Holy Spirit working in his life. It's just plain amazing how God opened the doors for him to attend, and how he's changing his heart while he's there.

OH YES! I almost forgot. IT WAS A FLUKE!!! Tate is the proud owner of three new molars, and I believe that is what had him up so early. He has been sleeping much better since Friday, and, as I'm sure you can imagine, I couldn't be happier. It's the little things, ya know?!

Ok, I'm off to do some laundry from the weekend. I hope you all are well.

Love,
Jenni

1 comments:

Kara said...

I wish the Baxter Clan were closer, too. But - the interweb makes for a decent mode of communication. Love from Down South!