BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2008!

What an busy and exciting year we have ahead of us. There will be some major changes that happen this year, including Mark getting out of the Navy and joining us in civilian life (yay!), another move for whatever job he gets (possibly), starting a new timber business on the side with the other Stearnses, and, of course, a new baby (we're hoping it's this year, at least). We're very excited to see what the Lord brings our way, but I would be lying if I didn't admit to times of anxiety over just how much change we'll be experiencing. But, that's how we roll...every few of years we have a big year. The last one was 2006, so we're a little bit early, but I think we'll survive.

Tate had a great Christmas and New Year. Right now he is smiling at me while he brushes his teeth. He loves to brush his teeth, he thinks it's the best thing ever. Anyway, Tate made quite a haul on his Christmas gifts and we have been reading his new books about 29 times every day. He is also playing on his new mini car things (they make noise...yipee), and he is quite fond of his sit-n-spin. He just doesn't sit, it's a stand-n-spin for him. We've tried to teach him to sit, but he won't so we've decided to just move everything else out of the way so when he falls he won't hurt himself too badly. Some things I guess have to be learned by experience.

As far as the adoption goes, we've got everything done for our home study except our doctors appointments, which we still have to schedule. We'll be heading over to Snohomish tomorrow and will drop our home study documents off then. I'll post the questions we each had to fill out tomorrow...it's quite invasive, but I understand the reason for the in depth look at us. It is the agency's fault if they place a kid with us and we do bad things. It's to cover their own butts.

Well, I just got done running. I should hop in the shower. Mark and I both accomplished our New Years Resolutions last year by losing about 30 pounds each. I have 10 to 15 more to lose, and Mark wants to lose about 20 more, so we bought a treadmill. I'll keep you posted on how that goes. I did 3 miles today and it was awfully hard for some reason, but I think it will get easier.

Wishing you all a great start to 2008!

0 comments: