BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Week in Review


Happy Sunday night.


Sorry it's been so long. It was kind of a rough week at the Stearns' house. Tate is getting more and more assertive every day, and his assertiveness manifests itself in throwing toys, head butting, and throwing tantrums. It's been a real test of patience dealing with him. When he throws toys he isn't necessarily being naughty, but he loves to go through all of his toys before he chooses which one to play with. It's just been kind of difficult to deal with him this week. Exhausting, to say the least.


Teaching has gone well. It was difficult on Monday, but I was able to see what the kids remembered and that was the goal of the day. Wednesday was a lot better, and the kids learned the seasons: el verano (summer), el otono (autumn), la primavera (spring) and el invierno (winter). We also learned the holidays celebrated in each season. I had the kids play a matching game where they each got a flashcard of either a season or holiday and they had to find their partner by saying in Spanish what they were and for whom they were looking. They did well and had fun.


As far as adoption goes, we finished our paperwork, sent it in and our interviews are set up for late January and early February. We have to meet individually with our social worker at the agency, and the week after that she comes out to our house. Tate and I still have to do the doctor's appointments, so we'll see how long that will take. Typically Navy docs are REALLY backed up and it's not unusual to have to wait 3 months for something like a regular checkup.


Mark's parents came over this weekend, and we really enjoyed our time together. I learned how to use my sewing machine (that Vicki gave me) and I am so excited to start making fleece hats and mittens. I plan on putting them in the gift shop that is selling my other crochet and knit pieces. The pattern I got is really cute, but I think we're going to make a couple of improvements. I'll post pictures when we've got a set finished.


Oh yes! Quite possibly the highlight of my week is that we now have a fire place insert, so our house isn't so frigid anymore! It's so nice to have warmth. Hopefully it will save money on our electricity bill, too. Mark also got me a half cord of wood, so I'm ready for the cold days of winter. Bring it on, Jack Frost!


Other than that, life just goes on. Mark is watching 3:10 to Yuma and I am crocheting a hat and scarf for my only niece, Riley, for her fifth birthday at the end of the month. I really am horrible with remembering birthdays, so that is one of my New Year's Resolutions. I even have a nifty calendar to help me remember.


Well, I guess that's it for now. Sorry I don't have anything profound to write, but sometimes that's the way it goes. I hope you're all well!


Love,

Jenni
PS Enjoy the picture of my little terror!

1 comments:

Kara said...

There's a picture somewhere of Mark from the same angle, wearing the same expression. Love it!