BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 11, 2008

I've been slacking

Sorry about the lack of recent blogs. I've been busy lately teaching Spanish (I have two classes now) and getting ready for the homestudy. It's on Thursday and I can't wait to have it done! It will be nice to be 'deadline' free, (sort of). I still have to work on the scrapbooks for the birthmoms to see, and my creative vein is finally pumping some ideas through to my brain. Hopefully I'll be able to put something together soon.

Mark and I both lost the workout challenge last week. Oh well. We're back on it today. We worked out three times each. At least we did something, I guess.

The transition from one class in the afternoons to one in the morning and one in the afternoon has been more difficult than I thought it would. My class starts at 8:05, so I am up early to take Mark into work by 7:15, then run Tate to our friend's house, and then to school. It just seems like we are up really early, which, for us, we are. Hopefully Mark will start taking the carpool into work and then we'll be able to sleep in a little bit longer.

We went over to my parent's house this weekend, and that was a lot of fun. Mark and my dad did a lathe turning class, and my mom and I hung out with Tate. Pheobe, (Stephen's girlfriend) came over for dinner, and it was great to see her. I would have to say the most exciting thing, though, was attending the Democratic Party Caucus on Saturday at Monroe High School. I'm not going to get all political on you, but it was really neat to be a part of the 'grassroots' voting system. It was interesting to watch and see how we've chosen to elect our delegates. It is kind of frustrating though that the state spends 10 million dollars on the preliminaries, and really they could save a bunch of money by abolishing the caucus, or stopping sending paper ballots. It doesn't make sense (in my little mind) to have both when the ballots really don't count for anything. It was neat to participate in democracy.

I've got to go and catch up on some sleep. I decided to have a diet Dr. Pepper last night at 6:00pm, so I didn't fall asleep until after 3:00. I think I'm allergic to caffeine, I get a stomach ache when I drink it and I just feel funky. I'm going to have to stop drinking it. Mark is going to roll his eyes when he reads this because I keep saying that, but I just love having a pop with caffeine sometimes, ya know?

Alright, have a good one!

Love,
Jenni

0 comments: