BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Where we are now...

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted. We've been INCREDIBLY busy. I'm working hard on the adoption scrapbook for the birth parents to see, and we had a good friend (love you Christine) stay with us for a couple of days! It's been so fun to see her, and her son, Cameron, is adorable. He's 8.5 months old and too cute for words. Tate seemed to like him...he gave him a ton of kisses. At least he didn't hit him, right?

Last Saturday was our training day for adoption. I was expecting it to be a breeze, but it was not. It was the most emotional day of my life, I think. I was surrounded by these wonderful women (and men) who were infertile (or sub fertile, as they are called now) and I had to explain why we were adopting when we can have biological children. Our story sounded hollow and meaningless next to their tears and heart wrenching stories of trying to get pregnant and being unable to do so. I know in my heart that we are supposed to be adopting, but I just felt so guilty for being able to have a biological child especially since I wanted to adopt anyway, and I don't think it would have been that huge of a deal for me if I couldn't get pregnant (let me say, though, I don't know for sure because I've never been there). It was a roller coaster of a day, for sure. Mark had a lot of reassuring to do on the way home, and we prayed a lot about this. I know we are where we need to be, and I'm so excited about it, but it was still so hard to see and hear their grief.

Our homestudy should be done in the next week, and then on to the State for approval. After that, we wait for our referral. I don't have any idea how quickly we will get chosen, but we'll be praying the entire time. Thank you all for your prayers, and we'll keep you updated.

Love,
Jenni

P.S. If you could also be praying for my brother, Stephen, and his upcoming mission to Nepal. He leaves in April! Thanks!

P.P.S. Leave us some love! It would be nice to know who is reading this and get any advice or encouragement you care to leave for us. I've really appreciated all the messages so far!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Advice? None to give. I have no experience whatsoever in the adoption arena.

Encouragement - different matter. I'm proud of both of you, and I admire and respect the decision you've made to give a child who needs a home all the love they deserve.

Birthday Hugs to Mark!

We love you!

uncpdeb said...

I think you should follow the plan God has set before you no matter what. There are bazillions of children that need loving, Christain homes like yours....I think there are PLENTY for everyone who wants them...trouble is, everyone wants the babies and that's why it's so tough. Keep your chin up, your eyes on Him who made you and remember this: He put that desire in your and Mark's hearts. I love you and I miss you. Thanks for keeping us all updated