BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 16, 2008

7 Things You May Not Know About Me

I got this idea from Nate at the CF Husband blog (check it out if you haven't already!) Anyway, here are 7 things that you may or may not know about me...

1. I HATE going to the doctor.
I know it's silly, but unless there's a really good reason, I won't go (for myself, anyway). I hate waiting 45 minutes on the phone to make the appointment, waiting an hour and a half at the doc's office, and then only seeing the doc for 5 minutes, it's so frustrating. So, basically I self diagnose if it's not too serious. I hate taking pills, too, so it works out pretty well, actually.

2. I was a competitive swimmer until I was 19.
Some of you already know this, but others may not. It was a huge part of my life (I was swimming from 5:00-6:40 in the mornings, and from 3:00-5:30 in the afternoons, plus doing dry land workouts afterwards for awhile). I was on the winning team at State 3 years in a row, and I am proud to say that I contributed to our wins! My proudest moment, though, was winning the 100 fly at our district meet. I worked very hard at swimming, but didn't have a lot of talent. It was ok though, because my work ethic served me well. I don't say I quit swimming, but rather retired because I swam non stop from 6-19, by choice.

3. I can sing.
But I usually choose not to do it in front of people due to nerves, and I'm not that great, but I can carry a tune. I was actually the president of our Jazz Choir in high school (which was by audition only) but I never liked to solo. I prefer harmony and blending. There were some amazing people in that choir, and if you like, check out www.myspace.com/zachtrandum. He was in my choir and is an AMAZING musician. I downloaded all his songs, but 3 hours in a coffee shop is my favorite.

4. My favorite flowers are daffodils.
I went to my grandparent's house in Oregon one spring while my parents were in England, and my Grandma Cita loves them, too, and they were all over her garden. I got to go out and pick them and fill the house with them, and I loved it. They are so cheery and fun. My husband, the wonderful man he is, often brings them home for me in the spring.

5. I love to work out.
Strange, I know, but I find it exhilarating. I enjoy the feeling of pushing my body to the limit, and then the sore feeling the day afterwards. I know it's weird, but I just like it.

6. I don't know how to style hair.
I can now use a straightener, but that's about it. I am slowly experimenting with hair products, but mostly I just blow it dry and then use the straightener, or don't, and put it in a pony tail. I really need to get better at styling my hair. Because I don't know how to style it, I usually don't get it cut for long periods of time. However, when my life is out of control (usually brought on by the Navy) I change my hair lots because it's the one thing I can control.

7. I don't mind folding laundry, but I hate putting it away.
It's strange, I know, but I just can't stand that part of it. I don't even know why. Maybe it's because our closets are really small in this house so there's not a lot of space. I don't know. I just hate that part. I can't explain it.

Well, there you go. Seven things about me. I should go, now. Mark has come down with whatever Tate and I have, and now Tate and I have moved into coughing attacks. It's a great day at the Stearns' house!

Love,
Jenni

0 comments: