BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Just a year ago

One year ago tomorrow, or 366 days (it's a leap year, remember?) ago, Mark started his journey to Iraq. It's hard to believe that it's been a year already. Goodness, what a year it's been!

When we got the orders, I wasn't sure how I was going to fill my time, but the Lord was faithful and it was filled by spending time with dear family and friends. I wasn't sure how I was going to raise Tate by myself, and again, the Lord was faithful in providing family and friends to meet our needs. I was unsure of just about everything, and the Lord was faithful in getting me through each and every day.

As I sit here, I can't help but think that I've traded in waiting for Mark's return for the waiting for our Sam. However, the Lord is being just as faithful now in providing peace and joy while we wait. We're not anxious, we're content in our waiting. I'm happy watching Tate, knowing that this time is time to cherish him, it's his only chance at being an only.

I'm so thankful for the opportunities that God brought us last year, even though it was the most difficult year of my life. I grew in faith, and with my greater faith has come confidence! I know that I am following Jesus' will for my life, and I am right where I'm supposed to be! If Mark hadn't gone to Iraq, we wouldn't be in our cold little beach house, we wouldn't be domestically adopting, and I wouldn't have had the chance to go to Central America. Even in the worst of times, God has a plan.

I guess that's all that's on my mind. I've been thinking about the fact that it's been a year since he left for the past couple of weeks, and I've had so many emotions and thoughts about it that it's hard to categorize all of them. It helps getting them out...maybe I'll sleep better tonight.

0 comments: