BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

More stuff

Last I heard, today is the day our "birthmom" is going in for a C-Section. I don't really know what to call her...I don't want to share her name because I don't have permission, but she isn't really our birthmom anymore.

Anyway, she should be having a C-section today, so please keep her and the baby in your prayers. God is bigger than any person's feelings, and if this baby is supposed to be ours, it will happen. If not, we have peace that he loves her more than we do, and we trust in that. We are praying for wisdom for the entire family, and peace as well.

Please join us in prayer today, and this weekend. I am extremely thankful for the love and support we've received from all of you during this journey. You have no idea how much your encouragement has helped us these last few weeks.

I wasn't going to share this until after we had her, but I feel that it's fitting to share now. The name we decided on for this baby was/is Elliana Marie. Mark's middle name is Elliott, and she would be named after him. Also, in Hebrew, Elliana means "the Lord has answered my prayer." I don't believe in coincidence, and I believe that she could be earning her name!

I realize the chance is next to nothing, humanly speaking, that she will change her mind. However, I believe that God is so big, and is using this time to bring about his perfect will.

Mark and I were watching Return of the King last night (we watch the series about once a year), and I was struck by a line that Gimli says about their plan to ride out and directly attack to create a diversion for Sam and Frodo. Gimli says "Certain death, small chance of success, what are we waiting for?" I just had to laugh at that, because it seems to be where we are in this part of our adoption story. But, we just wait and hope, knowing that God's plan will come together in his timing.

Thank you for sharing this journey with us.

Love,
Jenni

1 comments:

uncpdeb said...

First of all, the name is absolutely gorgeous. Secondly, your testimony of your faith and trust in God's leadership in your lives at this moment is amazing to me and such an encouragement. Just when I start to doubt what's going to happen in our future, there are people like you to remind me that God hasn't stepped off His throne. He knows exactly the plans He has laid out for us and He only wants us to have the desire of our hearts. I think it's okay to day that I pray your daughter/son comes home to you SOON!
we love yall much
Deb