BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Down time


Ahhh...Tate is almost always up and ready to go before 7, so I am enjoying the peace and quiet of the morning. It's nice for a change.


I was feeling pretty awful all weekend, and I have managed to link it to the prenatal vitamins that I was given by the doctor. My regular ones were out and I was given a sample by the nurse to hold me over until my appointment on Monday. As soon as I got my regular rx I was back to feeling pretty great. Thank goodness for the second trimester reprieve!


I've been pretty productive these last few days. Monday I picked a gallon of blackberries and froze them. Here's why. Tate eats yogurt for breakfast every morning. I HATE high fructose corn syrup. Most flavored yogurts have that in them. Now, I can just give him plain yogurt that tastes like sour cream, but with blackberries it tastes great! Plus, the plain stuff is cheaper than the organic flavored stuff he's been getting. It's all about saving money these days!


In the same vein, I've also got another apple tree ripe and ready for harvest. I harvested several gallons of apples, cored and sliced them and have a few gallons of applesauce in my freezer. I have about 2 gallons to go before I'm done with this batch, and then I still have a tree full of apples to use. Tate loves applesauce so this will also save us money.


Along the saving line of thought, please pray for our house to sell or for us to find renters. Our friends, Adam and Deb, who have been renting our house for the past 18 months are on their way to Hawaii for a much deserved shore tour!! They have taken such great care of the house, and I am so appreciative of that. Now we just need to move the house so we don't have too many months of a double mortgage (well, mortgage and rent). I am trusting that the Lord is going to take care of it, but it's kind of nerve wracking some days. My Spanish classes start in October so that will help lighten the load, and I have taken a child care job a couple times a week that starts in October as well. The Lord is good, He is providing.


Oh, the picture is Tate playing in the leap frog fountain at the zoo on Sunday, too much fun!
Love you all!
Jenni & "Tractor"

0 comments: