BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 26, 2008

A God Question

I was praying for our house to sell this morning, and I had this sudden thought that had to have been from God.

"Would you rather your house quickly, or would you rather I reveal more of myself to you by providing for you in unexpected ways while you're waiting?"

I was a little caught off guard. It was hard to be face to face with that question, because the honest answer is that I am scared of what's going to happen if the house doesn't sell or we don't have renters soon after the New Year. I don't want to believe that it's going to take that long. I don't want to have to scrimp and save and cut corners forever. I don't want to have to work forever (even though I love it). It's just scary. I had to confess my lack of faith and pray for the desire to get to know God better through this process, not just think of Him as my holy genie.

After praying and being able to truly say, "Reveal yourself, Lord, I trust you," I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders.

A few hours later I got an email from Mark telling me that he got into a Van Pool at work! This is great news because as long as it's a registered car pool (it is) the Navy pays for all the gas! This is going to save us about half of our gas budget every month. You are so good, Lord! Thank you!

0 comments: