BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 24, 2008

The best is yet to come

That was one of the songs at Missy and Todd's wedding. It was a beautiful wedding and so much fun to be a part of. I'll post pics when Kayla puts hers up there.

Anyway, a quick rundown of how the week/end went:

-Wednesday Tate and I arrived in Pasco around 6:30. We had lunch with my parents at their house and played for a while, so Tate slept for about an hour and a half in the car. We stopped at McDonald's for him to eat dinner and he ate the ENTIRE hamburger, all of his apple slices and drank all of his milk. I was shocked that he ate so much. We were both pretty tired when we got to Missy's house so he went to bed soon after, and so did I. I let him sleep in the bed with me because I'm a softie like that.

-Thursday we woke up and went to the church to decorate the reception area. Tate watched Veggie Tales about 6 times while playing with a train in the nursery while we worked. He had such a great attitude and I was so proud of him. We went back to Missy's for his nap and after he woke up he played with George (Missy's dad) and I went and got a mani/pedi with the girls. We had such a great time! Tina and Alisha (Missy's sisters) ran a bit late due to missing the turnoff on I-82 (the got all the way to the gorge), and then running out of gas, but they made it by 4:15 or so. We laughed about their misfortunes all weekend. After that we all went to Red Robin for dinner. Tate wasn't really into eating there, but he did fine. Especially considering that we had to wait for about 45 minutes to sit down. We went to bed exhausted, but happy.

-Friday we spent decorating the sanctuary of the church. It turned out beautiful! Again, when Kayla posts some pictures I'll put a link up or something. Tate and AJ (Missy's nephew) played together all day and at the rehearsal, too. I think the most embarrassing moment came during the rehearsal. Tate was running around (everyone said it was fine, I'm really not a horrible mother) and he ran up on stage, grabbed himself in the appropriate area and announced "Mama, Tate pee pee." I looked around and told the lady next to me (jokingly, they all knew he was mine) "Gosh, that kid's mom needs to get control of him." Still kind of embarrassing though. Also, while we were doing the processional and recessional Tate would run up and down the aisle ahead of us (he was racing) and when he got to the front he'd put his hands out (picture a runner crossing the finish line, arms and hands out, head back, etc) and yell "Tate's here!" It was pretty cute. The dinner was great, too! We had MOOSE! I've never had moose before and it was very tasty. Not as gamey as venison (I am using the words of Todd, who eats a lot of this stuff because I wouldn't know how to describe it) and very juicy. I would definitely eat it again. The highlight of Friday, though, came after Tate was in bed. Mark got there! He rode with my parents and they made it into town around 8:00 or so. It was so good to see him. I don't think I'd make a great sea-going wife again because having him gone for two days was hard.

-Saturday! The big day! We were up early and off to get our hair done. Tina and I goofed around at the salon for a few hours because we were the last two to get our hair done. We managed to singe a lily (we tried to open it with a hair dryer), whiten our teeth, satin our lips (Mary Kay), satin our hands, run to Sally's Beauty Supply for more bobby pins, run to the bank, the church, and get our hair done. It was a very productive morning. Pictures were a blast because Kayla did them, and the ceremony was very nice. The reception was great because I got to take off my hurting shoes and put on comfy ones :). The cleanup was pretty quick because everyone stayed back to help. After we finished we went to the Best Western to hang out with family and friends. We got to bed late, but it was worth it to see everyone and enjoy the time we had together.

-Sunday we went to the hotel and picked up Tate (he stayed the night with Grandma and Grandpa). We stayed for a bit to chat some more and then headed home. I slept most of the way, and Tate slept for an hour. We got home collapsed into bed and were all asleep by 7. Very early, but we needed it.

Well, I've got a dr. appointment today, so hopefully that goes well. I'm sure I'll post pictures very soon, but now I've got a little guy here who wants to read the Grinch, so I'm going to oblige him.

Love you!
Jenni

0 comments: