BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Chocolate broccoli, Spidermom kisses and other Tate-isms



Ok, so, not my proudest mom moment ever, but what can you do?
We were headed over to my parent's house and I was hungry for a Chocolate Dipped cone from McDonalds (I know, I know). Tate was hungry, too, so we got him a package of apple slices.
Well, we're on our way, me with my cone and Tate with his apples when he says "Momma, ice cream please." I said "no, Tate, you have your apples." He wasn't thrilled about it, but said "ok Momma."
A few minutes later he said again, "Momma, eating ice cream." Jokingly I responded,
"No, Momma doesn't like ice cream, she likes broccoli."
I guess that really meant something to him because for the rest of the day he said "Momma likes broccoli." over and over again. When we got home I asked him if he wanted broccoli and he said "yeah!" So I gave him some.
And he LOVED it.
So now my son eats carrots, peas, corn, broccoli, grean beans and lima beans.
Yay for veggies!
**************************
So, if you've ever seen Spider Man (I saw the first one, and I hated it. Kirsten Dunst really messed the movie up for me) you know that at one point Spidey hangs upside down and kisses M.J. while she is standing up.
I'm sure there's a lot of significance in the kiss, but I really don't care much.
Anyway, Mark has always had a bed time routine with Tate, and part of it is giving me 'spiderman kisses'. Mark holds Tate upside down by his toes and Tate is laughing hysterically and gives me a kiss.
Last night they were getting ready for bed and Mark forgot about the kisses. So Tate said,
"Daddy, Spider-Mom kisses."
It made my night.
**************************
Setting: In the truck yesterday afternoon. Listening to praise music. Tate and I are on our way to pick Mark up from work.
Tate: God and Jesus.
Me: What?
Tate: Momma, I like God.
Me: That's great news, Tate.
Tate: Yeah, I know.
**************************
Oh, and one more thing.
This dear Child of Mine calls 'oranges'
'blues'.
At least he's sticking with a color scheme, right?

1 comments:

uncpdeb said...

thanks a million for that last email. that helps a TON! I know it's a long way away for us, but it's exciting to know that there are options (you know, ones that don't stink) out there. what does mark think he wants to do after the Navy? adam really is at a loss...he has no idea what he wants to do that'll pay enough to put me through school again....
oh well..it'll all work out
love you!