BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 3, 2008

Gearing Up

I am mentally preparing myself for this week. It's going to be a long one. On top of the everyday 'mothering' and 'wife-ing' I am working every day. Here's the breakdown of my week:

Monday (today): Sub. for another Spanish teacher, 3:40-4:30. Dinner:easy crockpot Shepherd's pie.

Tuesday: Childcare in the morning, 7-9:30 or so, Grocery shop (this falls into mothering, wife-ing category), Spanish class 3:45-4:25. Dinner: Steak, Salad, rice.

Wednesday: Childcare in the morning, 8-9:30, Bible study 9:30-11:30, Sub. Spanish 3:40-4:30. Dinner: Turkey Veggie Chili, already made and frozen. I just have to heat up!

Thursday: Spanish class 3:45-4:25, Bible study at 7:00 so I have to cook dinner early and bring it with us so we can eat after going to the gym (usually we hit the gym around 5-6, eat from 6-6:30, then head to small group). Dinner: Chicken chow mein from frozen package.

Friday: Head over to Snohomish for a possible Bachelorette Party (depending on my dear friend, Missy's surgery schedule. We should find out today what the plan is for that.

Saturday: Shower for Missy.

Sunday: Mark has a job fair in Seattle. I think I will be heading home and he will head to Seattle and I'll pick him up from the ferry. That's still up in the air. I think we'll see how the week is going to determine how Sunday goes.

************************************************************************************
WEEKEND RECAP
Friday we went over to Jo and Dave's (friends from our Sunday night small group) for trick or treating. Tate had a blast. We dressed him up as an endangered species (a Mariners Fan). He got a ton of candy, but only got to keep a couple of suckers and M&M's for potty training.
Saturday was a great day! We were able to sleep in and relax a bit, then we had our 'new' friends Ben and Becky over for a game night. So much fun! (I say 'new' because Becky was our Social Worker during the adoption so we couldn't socialize outside of that, but we are free to be friends now). Anyway, Becky won Carcassonne, and Mark won Dominoes. We had a great time, and Tate appreciated showing off for new guests.
Sunday we went to church and helped in the 4 & 5 class (wow, they are fun!), then went to the service. It was a great sermon, and we are in agreement of how to apply it to our lives. If you could be praying for us that we're able to put aside our own feelings and really reach out to people that need it we would appreciate it. We're inviting a special someone to church and it's taking a lot out of us emotionally, but we are so excited about it. We really hope that she'll come. I'll tell you more specifically when I know more.
************************************************************************************
Tate did really well with potty training yesterday, he didn't wet a diaper all morning! I am doing cloth diapers this week, and hopefully next week we'll be ready to dive into going on the potty all the time. He's been the one initiating all of the potty useage, so that's why I think he's ready.
I've been sleeping a lot better, so hopefully that will help me get through this long week. The last three days I've woken up feeling rested and ready to go instead of exhausted and in disbelief that it's morning already. Hopefully this continues for a couple of months!
Ok, I'm done with this super post. I hope everyone had a great Halloween, and now we're onto the Holiday Season!!!
YYYYYYYYYIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Love,
Jenni

0 comments: