BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Almost Panic

We're at my parent's again.
It's wonderful to be back, and we're just planning on staying for one day.
Again.
You may remember the last time we planned on staying for one day...
Anyway. We're here again.
And, more as a habit than anything else, the first thing I did when I woke up was look out the bedroom window.
All I saw was white.
Seriously, I panicked.
Then, as I looked closer, I realized that it was just my good friend,
my Beloved,
Jack Frost.
I sighed in relief, so happy to know that we will be able to make it home tonight.
****************************
So, we're here to see Stephen.
He's home for Nash's funeral.
While it's sad that he's home for a funeral, we had a really good talk last night.
Stephen has peace that Nash had accepted Christ, because Nash told him that he Believes and had peace about where he would go when he died (it's been a few months since they had that conversation, but it doesn't 'matter.)
Stephen is hanging out with friends and Nash's family and working through the grief.
I'm very impressed with his ability to process and grieve. He's grown so much.
***************************
Just for the record, I don't believe that if someone has been saved through faith in Christ that committing suicide will send them directly to Hell. You may disagree, but luckily, it's not up to us. Proverbs says that all a man's ways seem right to him, but the Lord weighs the heart. It's up to God. Praise Him for that.
Here's why I believe the way I do:
1. We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)
2. James 2:10 "For whoever keeps the whole law but stumbles at one part is guilty of breaking all of it."
Murder is a sin. So is swearing, lust, adultery, judging others, lying, etc. If you've been saved, but die before you can confess your last sin, does that mean that you're immediately condemned to Hell? I don't think so.
John 10:28 is very clear on Salvation being forever. Jesus says that he gives us eternal life, and no one can snatch us out of his hand. That said, it is NEVER what God has in mind for us, and it is most definitely a sin.
If you have more questions about this subject, this is a great link.
*******************************
Well, I'm going to go relax for a bit. Tate is napping with my mom, so I get to rest for a while. Yay!
I'm sure you're all enjoying today, and I am hoping that we all can learn something from
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
He was truly a remarkable man, and I can't think of a more honoring Presidential Inauguration than that of Barack Obama tomorrow!
Ok, I'm sure I've struck enough nerves with this post, so I'll sign off for today.
Love always,
Jenni

1 comments:

cadovius said...

I couldn't agree more on the scriptures you gave. Thanks for posting that! So many people lose hope when someone we love ends their own life (a good friend of mine did in high school and I couldn't sleep for weeks). God gave me an assurance about her salvation and that she was safe in the arms of Jesus, but that He wasn't pleased with her decision. It just reminds me how much He adores us and that He wants us to live an ABUNDANT life here before He calls us to our eternal home.
I love you Jenni