BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 16, 2009

Down and out

I'm sad today.

My brother's really good friend, Nash, died yesterday. I'm not sure Nash was a believer, but I know that Stephen was able to share the gospel with him. After Stephen came home from YWAM with a changed heart he was one of his few friends that still hung around, even though he didn't understand what Stephen was going through. He really was a true friend. It just makes my heart hurt knowing that Stephen is so, so sad, and also for Nash's family. He had overcome serious drug addiction, several family issues and seemed to be doing well. My heart goes out to his family and friends. We aren't really sure how he died, and it doesn't matter. He's gone and we're mourning his passing. He was 20, and he died too young.

My dr's appt. didn't go very well today either. I woke up feeling icky and flu like, and my BP was up. He did some checks and doubts it's anything preeclampsia like, but did blood work just in case. I'm going in next week for a re-check. He said we'll wait and see on all the baby stuff which is kind of annoying to me because now that I know there's a greater chance of C-Section I'd really rather just schedule it and cancel if it's not needed. But, alas, I wait.

Tate and I did get to spend some good time together, and it's been the highlight of my day. I was crying after talking to Stephen on the phone today and Tate came up and sat on my lap and kissed me. It was so sweet. He's also gone all day (from 7:30-5) without an accident! I'm so proud of my big boy! He is also fighting some sort of cold/flu thing, so I spoiled us both and let him nap in my bed. Sometimes extra TLC is needed.

Well, Mark just got home with flowers. What a considerate husband. I'm going to go spend some time with him...I've missed him today.

Please keep Stephen, Nash (that's his last name BTW, his first name was Andy but everyone calls him Nash), and all of his friends and family in your prayers. We're hoping that his death will encourage some of his friends to clean up their lives.

Love,
Jenni

1 comments:

cadovius said...

hey
Thanks for the suggestions. I bought two that are so great and really make me work hard! I usually get injured when I try Tae Bo. I'm feeling much better about things.
How are you feeling lately? I'm sure things are so emotional right now. WE are praying for you all.