BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 23, 2009

Yay for Christmas!

Ok, so usually I'm not big on stuff like this...I feel like I'm selling something and I'm really a horrible salesperson. You can ask my brother...there's a story about us selling candy bars for a fund raiser in jr. high, and I couldn't sell to ANYONE, and Stephen managed to sell a candy bar to a homeless man, so that tells you how bad I am. Anyway, I want to tell you all about my favorite new thing, swagbucks!

Mark and I are currently doing Financial Peace University by Dave Ramsey. We love it. We're all about baby steps and 'living like no one else so later we can live like no one else." One way we're doing this is by sticking to a strict budget, saving where we can, and coming up with creative ways to save. Enter Swagbucks. I joined to see what the hype was about, and I love it. You join for free (by clicking on an above link) and just download the tool bar, and use it as a search engine (like google, MSN, yahoo, etc). You earn swagbucks for searching, and then you can redeem them for prizes. Since whenever it is that Mark and I joined (I think October, but it may have been later, I don't remember) we've earned $30 in Amazon.com gift cards! $30 for doing nothing except searching online like we would be doing anyway! So our big plan is to use these gift cards for all the gifts we have to buy...birthdays, Christmas, etc. I'm not sure how much we'll have at the end of the year, but we're working hard to earn our swagbucks, trading them in for Amazon gift cards, and saving them up. We don't do big Christmases (personal choice, nothing against people who do) but we love to celebrate birthdays big at our house, so I am excited to get Tate something fun in August, then start saving again for something fun for Theo in February!

Anyway, if you're not into this kind of thing, please don't hate me for sharing. I just know that the economy is bad right now, and every little bit helps!!

Ok, that's it. I just wanted to share this in case anyone wanted to join.

Love always,
Jenni

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm excited to check out some swagbucks! Thanks for sharing it! I've been enjoying reading your blog! If you're moving far away, we should try to meet up for coffee in Edmonds or Kingston before you go! (We should meet up even if you're NOT moving far away :) )

Lisa Brandow