BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tate's Easter Quote of the Day, etc.

So Mark and I got Tate a little matchbox car for Easter. Nothing too big, but we wanted him to have something because we were not going to let him actually eat his candy. Tate was with us when we bought the little car and was asking for it all day long. We kept telling him that he could open it on Easter, the day that we celebrate Jesus raising from the dead. So, come Easter morning Tate came into our room at 6:00 am and said,

"Mom, Jesus is going to open my Easter car now."

****************

So, I'm not sure if I've shared this story or not, but it's a dandy, so I'll share it (possibly again).

Tate was outside playing while Mark was working. He started to run away, and Mark yelled, "Tate, please come back here!"

Tate completely ignored him.
Completely.

His punishment for disobeying was to come in the house and sit in time out.

After time out, he apologized to Mark for running away, and then decided to play inside with me for a while. Things were going fine until he decided that he really did want to play outside. I said, "Tate, you can go outside, but only if you will obey your daddy. Will you obey him?"

"No, I not."

Seriously. That was his response.

I thought maybe he didn't understand what "obey" meant. I thought I should explain myself.
"Tate, I'm sure you don't mean that. If you are running away from your daddy, and he calls for you to stop running, what are you going to do?"
"I'm going to run as fast as I can."

Tate did not get to play outside that day.

***************
We were at my grandparent's house for my Great Grandma's funeral, and Tate had been disobeying (again) so he was in time out. Our rule for time out is that while you're there, you don't talk. Not until the timer goes off and we have our discussion about why he's in there and the issue is resolved.

Well, this particular day I was trying to do a million things at once, so while he was in time out I was making him lunch to take with us to wherever we were going at the time. I had finished his sandwich and decided to let him choose what fruit he wanted to go with it. I said, "Tate, do you an apple or a banana to go with your sandwich at lunch?"

He looked at me smugly and replied,

"Momma, I not talk. I just in time out."

******************
Seems like a lot of my stories are revolving around time out. He's really not in time out a lot these days...but most of the funny stuff he says is when he's being naughty.
We really enjoyed our Easter. I hope you did, too.
I'll try and post Mariners pics tomorrow.
(Today was Opening Day at Safeco, you know :)
Love,
Jenni

0 comments: