BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ebates

So, I promised I'd write about Ebates, so here I go...

First though, I must apologize if you get annoyed with my 'commercials'. I am doing my best to be frugal, and I know that a lot of my friends are also doing their best to be frugal, so I'm trying to pass on the good deals I find because I'm cool like that...or not. Moving on.

Ebates. Basically, you shop through them and get money credited back to your account. They either cut you a check at the end of each quarter, or they can give it to you via paypal. You get a $5.oo bonus for signing up.

Here are the circumstances when I use it

  • When a store offers free shipping.
  • When I have a coupon for an online purchase.
  • When the % I'll get back makes it equal to or less than buying it at the store.

The other cool thing about Ebates is that you click on a store you want to buy through, and they show all of the coupons that are available for that store. You don't have to hunt for them. They are already there.

They also have a bunch of stores available: Famous Footwear, Ebay, Target, Petco, All major airlines and travel sites, etc.

So far I'll be getting $11.00 back in November (or whenever they send out the next check). I recently got an awesome deal on new tennis shoes through Famous Footwear. I get 9% back through Ebates, they were offering free shipping, buy one get one half off, and 15% off your entire order. I got two nice pairs of running shoes (one for me and one for Mark) for $60.00 total...really 54.60 when you count my "ebate" I'll be getting back. Mark wears size 13 and it's almost impossible to get a good deal on shoes, so I was pretty excited about this. (BTW, they are still running this deal...it's worth checking out if you need new shoes.)

Well, there you go. It's only a good deal if you aren't going to buy more because you are 'saving' money. But, if you're going to do it anyway, and love a good deal, it's worth taking 5 minutes to sign up here.

Don't hate me for my commercial. I'm really trying to be helpful.

Love you all,

Jenni

1 comments:

Christine Langager said...

I love your commercials!! Keep 'em coming=)