BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Letter to the Late Mr. Pablo Picasso

Dear Mr. Picasso,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for your incredible contributions to the world. I am not particularly artistic myself, but I can certainly appreciate the simple beauty of your work. Dove of Peace is one of my favorites.

As much as I appreciate your work, the real reason that I am writing you today is because of my son, Tate. Tate is almost three, and is showing some real artistic talent. Because I want my son to be well educated I have started teaching him a little bit of art history. I think, though, that he may have gotten a little bit confused during our lesson. I was trying to teach him about your work, and I am pretty sure the only concepts he really grasped were "Blue" (in reference to your Blue Period,) and that you have a piece entitled The Dog.

I am sure you are wondering how on earth I could possible know exactly what my young son took away from the lesson. Allow me to demonstrate:









Yes, it would seem that my darling Tate took the "Blue Period" and "The Dog" quite literally...and took it upon himself to re-create these with his own stamp of genius.
Only his materials included a blue Sharpie, and a dog.
A Real Live Dog.
Our next art lesson is going to be on Figurative versus Literal. I'll let you know how that goes.
On behalf of your biggest fan,
Jenni Stearns (for Tate Stearns)














4 comments:

What we are all about said...

hahaha! That is too funny!

Nate, Heather, Spence, & Trey said...

simply hilarious!

Christine Langager said...

OH-MY-GOSH!!! I am in tears laughing right now, that is sooo freaking funny!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, clay and Michaelangelo might be a good place to pick up the art history lessons. Concrete and copies of living things rather than redecoration. Of course, if he has perfectionist leanings, you might want to start with a more abstract sculptor! What a kick!