BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 31, 2009

Answered Prayers

There is so much that I could say about our recent trip to Nicaragua...I'm having a hard time organizing it in my head enough to write it all down to share it. I need to share it, though, because I believe that sharing your passion is one of the main reasons to go on a mission trip (I almost used quotation marks around the words mission trip because I don't want to just do missions when I'm on a trip...but that's another post all together).



Anyway, I've decided to share my thoughts via answered prayers and ways that the Holy Spirit moved during our trip. This is much easier for me to explain and hits most of the highlights of the trip.


  • Our Timing~This is nothing short of a miracle. I bought our return tickets two days after I returned home last time. That would have been about the 2nd of June. The day we got to Nicaragua, the 18th of August, was the director's last day. There was an unfortunate circumstance that lead to them leaving, and it was very difficult for the kids. The kids were very sad, and feeling very abandoned. The staff was very excited and relieved that we were there to help out and boost the kids' spirits.
  • The girls' house mom was very sick. The girls were very worried about her (rightly so) and it was a blessing to be there and be able to encourage the girls and also help out the women that came to fill in.
  • The new director was chosen while we were there. She was the director of the school, and has decided to switch to be director of the Orfa. He works at a newspaper, and is very disciplined. I think they will do a great job. I will expand on this more later, because I have a lot to say about the new directors.
  • Danilo had a lot of things to do while we were there-he started leading a small group, was asked to preach at the Tuesday night service, and was attending a leadership conference for two days. Us being there while we were gave him the ability to not have to worry about what was going on at home and focus on what he was needing to do. It gave me the opportunity to play house mom and (s)mother the boys a little bit. (They loved every bit of the (s)mothering, by the way).
  • Danilo told us the day we arrived that he was asked to preach. My mom and I both wanted to go, but I knew it would be difficult because there isn't a lot of room to go, and everyone has the same routine every day. Also, if Danilo is gone, I knew I would be standing in as house mom, and I couldn't just leave. We prayed about it, but mostly just accepted that it was what it was. A wonderful surprise came on Tuesday morning when the directors told everyone that the entire Orfa was going to church that night to hear Danilo speak! He did a great job, and the kids sat so proudly at church watching their Dad speak.

I've got a journal full of stuff, but just wanted to share a few right from the top.

I'm working on more posts, so hopefully I'll get back to a routine here soon. I hope you're encouraged by the little bit I've shared!

Make today a great one!

Love,
Jenni


0 comments: