BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 14, 2009

Come on People!

People are driving me bananas today.

Bananas, that's B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

* Tate wrote all over the floor with a bar of soap (which he calls 'holding soap' instead of hand soap. Adorable, I know). Anyway, the floor is really slippery and it's hard to clean off the floor without washing it.

* Theo couldn't take a nap longer than 15 minutes to save his life. Nor could he be happy when he woke up. So he was fussy. All Day Long.

* Our neighbors have a problem adhering to quiet hours. They are from 10 pm to 8 am. Not unreasonable, I think. Last night they had a fight in which every *^&^ profanity word I've every heard of was employed. I wanted to do the Cristian thing and tell them that if they didn't shut the %$%^# up I was going to go down there and take care of business myself.

Wait, that's not the Christian thing to do? My bad.

I refrained anyway.

I just became a lookey loo like everyone else.

You want to know what their 20 minute off and on yell fest was over?

A parking spot.

Maybe I wasn't clear on that.

A PARKING SPOT.

FYI-we don't have assigned spots here. It's a free for all.

Yeah, I don't get it either.

I'm thinking as retaliation I may start vacuuming the house at 5:30 in the morning every Tuesday.

* We have had 3 different mattresses in our house since we moved (4 if you count our old queen one). The furniture store accidentally sold us a California King instead of an Eastern King (it was mislabeled). The CA didn't fit on our new bed. We found this out at 10:00 at night (during quiet hours) so we had to call and figure it out the next morning. They were kind enough to offer to replace it with another mattress. When we got this new mattress home, it was as hard as a rock. Again, store closed. Today we just went in and got a refund for our money and bought a new mattress from another place. It's perfect. And it was the same price, but a much better mattress. I am tired of hauling mattresses from our truck into the apartment.

* Just how tired are we? Mark and I woke up yesterday morning and had both boys in bed with us. Neither of us remember how they got there.

* Tate is having bad dreams and isn't sleeping through the night. We've decided to arm him with a big plastic bat to defend himself in the middle of the night. He's actually taking to it quite well. We'll see how long it lasts. (He calls bats 'bat hitters'. Also adorable).

Well, that's the tip of the ice burg. I'm going to a wedding tomorrow (YAY Tina and Kevin!) so I won't be around. I leave for Nicaragua on Tuesday (Hip Hip, Hooray) so I'll be pretty infrequent this next week.

So, for the time being, have a good night.

Love always,
A tired and grumpy Jenni

3 comments:

The Purse Pantry said...

oh Hun. I'm so sorry. What a horrible mood I'd be in, too! You have so much going on right now. I sure wish I was there to give you a hug and a break so you could relax some! Guess internet hugs from HI will have to do!
I LOVE YOU!

Kara said...

You wants I should come up there and straighten your neighbors out? *eyes bat-hitter...* Sheesh. Know the feeling. Sympathize much.

Either that, or you can come down here and dance David-style in my West Pasture. The East Pasture is occupied by a friends horse at the moment.

We love you from way down here in Texas. Hugs to reduce the stress!

Christine said...

Oh my dear friend! There's nothing worse than inconsiderate neighbors! Especially when they're exposing your little ones to a fantastic new vocabulary, which you know won't be utilized until you are at church, or some other inappropriate venue. I'd be more than happy to have a bit of a pent up deployment emotional outburst on them if you like, you know how I roll=)Love you! xoxoxo