BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 28, 2009

A Wee Little Update...and a Tate Quote

Background: Tate's been giving 'long kisses' lately. I'm sure you know the ones...he smacks his lips and just lays one on ya. And stays there. For a looooong time. Kind of awkward.

Setting: Our hotel room in Vancouver, B.C. I am laying on the bed resting after completing a 7 hour drive with the two little ones. Tate approaches and climbs onto the bed.

Tate: "Mom, I'm going to give you a kiss."

Me: "I'd love a kiss, Tate. Thank you."

Tate: "I'm going to give you a looong kiss, Mom."

Me: "Tate, I love your kisses, but I really only like long kisses from your daddy."


Tate: (holding my cheeks between his hands, with his nose almost touching mine)

"Mom, it's ok. I can give you a long kiss. I'm a doctor."
For the record, I have no idea where this came from. I very rarely go to the doctor, because I have so much anxiety about it. I think he must have just made this up.

*******************************
Again, I am sorry for the lack of posts last week. It was a long week with a very nasty cold bug taking up my entire week. I accomplished practically nothing. I say practically because I did somehow manage to keep our kids safe from any real and permanent danger...and that's saying quite a bit considering where we live.

***********************************
Speaking of where we live...sigh...we may be here for a while. We are having a house built, but I kind of think we may have jumped the gun there. I am not really at peace about this right now, so we're praying and waiting.

And trying not to puke when we think about losing our earnest money.

It's just money, right? I'd rather lose a little bit of money and feel like I'm following where the Holy Spirit leads than keep the money and be out of the will of God. Still, after working so hard to get out of debt, it's hard to think about losing that money. I think it's good we're having these feelings now, versus in December after we bought the house. If we do go through and buy the house it will be because we feel peace about it, and I'm glad we'll already have worked through buyers remorse.

*********************************

Well, that's all for today. I'll get the travel post up tomorrow. I know you're all (all 5 of you!) are waiting on the edge of your seats!

Happy Monday!

Love,
Jenni


2 comments:

Shara said...

Maybe CPR? That's the only thing I can come up with...lol

Christine said...

OK, first I am crying because I am laughing so hard about Tate's latest antics!! Second, I'm sorry about the whole house situation. And third, I'm glad you are feeling better!! I can't wait to see you all next month!! xoxo