BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Resolutions-2009 review

I was on Facebook and saw that a lot of people were talking about how pointless NY Resolutions are.  Their point was that if you just take once a year to evaluate yourself and try to better yourself that you'll never accomplish anything because true change requires daily (sometimes even more often!) evaluation and action to make a change.  I agree.  But I still think that the beginning of the year is still a great time to stop and evaluate.  I also try to do so on my birthday, in the Fall (in depth self evaluation) and I try every day to become a better version of who I was yesterday.  So, because I love change and I love seeing how far I've come in a year, here you go...

1.  Reading the Bible: I did better than I ever have this year.  I grew to a new level spiritually and I believe it's because the Holy Spirit guided me and helped me make a quiet time a habit.  I look forward to continuing this habit in the New Year.  I also did a Priscilla Shirer study called Discerning the Voice of God and I loved it.  I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good women's group study.

2.  Print Off Pictures: Ehh...I did ok.  I got a lot printed off when there were sales.  I'm ok with that.  It's a start.  I need more albums to store pictures until I can get scrapbooking on a regular basis.

3.  Out of Debt: Done.  We're saving now.

4.  Spanish:  I've worked on it a lot this year but I wasn't seeing any sort of benefit with Tate.  Then this week he's started busting out phrases in Spanish, in the right context!  How awesome is that?!  He knows several words, but this is the first time he's started using phrases!  So much fun!

5.  Exercising: Great!  I am within a couple of pounds to my lowest weight, and I have about 8 more I'd like to lose.  My goal is to be done losing weight by my birthday in March.

6.  Honoring Mark: I think we're in a great place, better than we've been.  We have common goals and are working well together.  That said, this is something that I'll never be able to 'accomplish', I'll never be able to cross it off my list...being a list maker, that's kinda difficult for me, but I do accept it.  It's a relationship, I can't cross those off a list. 

7.  Bed making-doing well!

8.  Flossing-if it's out I do it.  I need to be more proactive about it.

OK, so there's my update.  I'll post more about my 2010 goals later!

0 comments: