BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 18, 2010

Finding my voice

I've been having a bit of a blog identity crisis lately.  I think it stems from not really knowing how to define my blog.  I have this issue in life as well...I have a hard time knowing what to pursue and what not to pursue.  I have a lot of interests, but I don't particularly excel at any of them.  And I'm ok with that.  I really am, don't think I'm just saying it. 

But it still gets difficult knowing what I want the blog to become.  Do I like it the way it is?  Sure.  Do I think it's an accurage reflection of me?  Well, sometimes. But since I only write about the stuff I feel like sharing, it's not really an accurate representation.  I don't necessarily talk about the days when I vacuum 5 times in one day and I still manage to see dog hair everywhere.  I also don't talk about the days that Tate doesn't put on pants...nor do I mention when we've had three of those days in a row.  Why?  I'm pretty sure I don't have to spell that one out for you.  You can come up with several reasons why I wouldn't be jumping to share something like that.

[Abrutply switching gears] I read a lot of blogs.  I get encouraged, get good ideas, find good deals and generally laugh a lot when I read the blogs I follow.  But most of the blogs are very focused on one or two things: Saving money, cooking, crafting, being a mom, adoption.  Sometimes there's overlap, but not very much. 

I certainly don't really fit into any of these categories exclusively.  I do blog about  adoption and being a mom, but I'd like the blog to be more than just a journal.  I hope that maybe when I post a quote or something, maybe someone gets inspired to do something.  Or if someone is having  a really crap-tacular day, they can read something on my blog that makes them smile (try Tate quotes, for instance).  Mostly though, I hope that in spite of my incessant rambling about myself that you 3 readers can see someone who really loves Jesus.  Someone who really desires to serve him, serve his people and bring glory to his kingdom.  That's really what it's all about, right?  Loving God, sharing his love with others?  I want to encourage people to step outside of what's comfortable and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit-and I'm not saying this because I'm so good at it, I'm saying it because if I know that you're committed to doing it in your life, it's easier for me too.  We're supposed to love each other and encourage each other, and yes, we're supposed to call each other out (in love, mind you) when one of us royally screws up. 

All this to say, well, I don't know.  I don't think I'm going to change anything here really, but I do hope that when you read my blog you feel inspired to do something that the Holy Spirit is asking you to do.  And if you're intimidated by what you're being asked to do, I hope you feel like you're not alone.  I'm totally overwhelmed and intimidated by life a lot.   Sometimes lists just don't solve all your problems!

Anyway, enough rambling for today.  I took some cold medicine and I'm starting to feel a little murky, so I'll sign off for now. 

Peace and Love,
Jenni

1 comments:

What we are all about said...

I love your post Jenni .. they make me smile and leave me encouraged! Through your blogs I see transperency and I love that! Keep em comin girl :)