BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 14, 2010

In the name of Love

I know you've heard about Haiti.  You've probably agonized over what to do about the situation.  If you're anything like me, you feel completely helpless and overwhelmed by the amount of death and destruction. 

I wish there was some tangible way I could help.  As I watch the videos all I want to do is reach out and hug the hurting people, much as I hug Tate and Theo when they cry.  I would do just about anything to ease the pain and suffering of the Haitian people. 

So what am I doing?  I am praying.  And praying and praying and praying. 

But I don't feel like I'm doing enough.  So when I saw an opportunity to band together and do more, I jumped at the chance.  Crystal over at Money Saving Mom decided to do a blog drive of sorts, and asked her readers to be a part of it.  I have prayed about it and talked to Mark, and we have decided to do it.  What better way to share the love of Jesus Christ than to give?

So here's the deal: I want you to use your blog to inspire others!  Let me hear what you're doing!  I know you're creative-you've got a way with words...so spill it!  Share with me! Let's encourage each other to be generous with what we've been given.  So, link up your blog to mine telling me what you've doneIf you don't have a blog, write a FB note and tag all your friends and put the link here if you're OK with that. 

I want to hear it! 

For every blog/FB page that links up, Mark and I are going to donate $0.50 to a couple and ministry that inspire us, the Livesays in Haiti.  Not much, I know, but it's something.  And if everyone does a little something, mountains can move.

Remember how many people Jesus fed with five loaves of bread and two fish!!

Also, head over to Crystal's blog and see how many people are joining in.

I realize times are tight-we've got a mortgage payment and a rental payment that we're making, but as Americans we are rich, so rich, and the hemisphere's poorest country just lost the little they had.  Please prayerfully consider joining in today. 

Some great options for donating are:
-text "Haiti" to 90999 and donate $10 to the Red Cross.  This will just show up on your next month's phone bill.  Easy to do and a very reputable organization.
-Go Here to donate to Heartline Ministries (the Livesays)
-To donate to Compassion International, click here.

If you don't have a blog or don't want to link up via FB, please leave me a comment anyway telling me your story about what you're doing.  We'll donate $0.50 for every story without a link. 

I have personally done the Red Cross text donation and posted it as my FB status yesterday.  I was suprised how many people responded by doing the same.  Please, please consider donating.  

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'"  Matthew 25:40

21 comments:

LJJ said...

I gave to Compassion International and the Red Cross. Thanks for doing this!

Ashley said...

We donated to the American Red Cross this morning. Thanks for using your blog to help convince people to donate.

Anonymous said...

I'm busy commenting all over the blog world!!!

Jenn@ Beautiful Calling said...

As I go through the blogosphere today, I amazed at the generous and concerned people I find. Praise the Lord!
Our family is sending up prayers to the One who can do the most!!
Our church also took and sent contributions in.
My heart breaks especially for the little ones affected. We truly are blessed and I am thankful that we are able to bless others in return!

Jessica-MomForHim said...

I’m doing all the link-clickin I can, and we will be donating, too. Thanks for what you are doing to help–every little bit helps!

Maggie said...

Thank you for doing this. My husband and I donated through Samaritan's Purse. And now I'm clicking to comment on every site I can...every little bit helps!

Christine said...

We donated to the Red Cross. That's such an amazing and simple way for people to help.

Libby said...

Thank you for doing this! I am praying for Haiti and all of the places throughout the world where clean water, lack of food and instability make life a daily struggle. Our family is also donating to the Red Cross.

Andrea (ace1028) said...

Thank you and much love.

Tiffany said...

Due to our financial situation, I am commenting on as many sites as possible to raise donations for the relief effort. Bless you for not only helping but providing a way for everyone to help too!

Carol Stearns Ohime said...

Thanks for doing something that everyone really can do! My husband is a pastor and we have been busy this week getting things ready to go. Bless you and all the others who came up with this idea. So often people say.."I have no money, there is nothing I can do" You have given them all a chance to do something!
By the way..my name is Stearns also!

Coach Berry said...

We gave to Red Cross via txt and YeleHaiti via txt. Thanks for your efforts!

Anonymous said...

My husband is a Haitian American, and we are devastated by this disaster.
I appreicate all you do and keeping people in Haiti in your prayers. We donated to Red Cross and Direct Relief International. We are also planning on donating to other organizations as well. Again, thank you for your help.

Anonymous said...

We donated 50 dollars to Redcross.

Brecken said...

I decided to donate to 'Doctors without Borders.' Thanks for all you are doing!!

Anonymous said...

My family donated to Samaritan's Purse and Compassion International.

Summer said...

I'm giving to the Red Cross and the LDS Church. Thanks for doing this!

Robyn said...

We donated to Catholic Relief Services which goes directly to Haiti, and my 6 year old son wants to donate the charity portion of his allowance to Haiti. God bless you, you're doing a great thing!

Ann said...

We gave to CrossWorld International, a missions organization we have done a short term trip with and are praying.

Gifts For One Gifts For All said...

Thanks for doing your part to help Haitian earthquake victims by taking time to link up with other blogs.

I'm giving $10 eCOUPONs to my online gift store Gifts For One Gifts For All (www.giftsforonegiftsforall.com) to those that have donated to organizations helping the Haitian earthquake victims. When the eCOUPON is redeemed, 10% of the purchase will also be donated to organizations helping Haiti. Read my blog for more details at http:/bit.ly/DONATE2HAITI on how you can receive your eCOUPON for donating.

For bloggers raising awareness or making donations for comments or links made and you want to thank those that have contributed to your blog, contact me at info@giftsforonegiftsforall.com to a eCOUPON you can give those that have help you give.

Don't forget to contact me to receive your eCOUPON for doing your part to help Haitian earthquake victims.

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

What a wonderful thing you are doing. I pray for all the Haiti people. I am also donating $1.00 for every comment on my blog.