BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sad

I am heartbroken about the Haiti earthquake.

Several "bloggy friends" are adopting/have adopted from Haiti, and I feel somewhat connected to what is going on there.  Even though I've never been there, I've heard that the poverty in Haiti is much like that in Nicaragua and I can relate to this.  There is no 9-1-1.   There are no ambulances.  Everything is in ruins.  They had nothing to begin with-now...I can't begin to fathom what they are going through and how they will make it. 

My heartfelt prayers and tears go out on behalf of the Haitian people. 

2 comments:

Kara said...

Our prayers are with our Brothers and Sisters in Haiti.

Stefanie said...

I appreciate this blog post. It's nice to know that there really are still people around like you and me; that see situations for what they are and know how important it is to keep the ones in need closest to our hearts.