BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 25, 2010

2010 Craft Goal

Project #7:
Multi colored throw for the couch!
Crocheted.
Started February 12th, finished February 25th.


So here's the skinny: Our house is great, we are blessed to be here!  The only downside is that there isn't a lot of color, the walls are a beige color and our couches are as well.  I've been looking for ways to add more color to the house when I realized just how many "ends" of yarn I have.  By themselves there isn't much you can make, but I put those together with some other random stuff I have and was able to make this!  The only thing I had to buy was 2 skeins of black yarn for the borders. 

The colors are kind of wild and crazy, but I think it suits us. 

I had a hard time deciding how to do this...I was wavering between the Granny Squares (which is what I actually did) and stripes.  I'm happy with the squares.  The colors really work well with some other art pieces in the house. 

And, as a bonus, I think I used up about 6 ends!!!

(This project also has a "sibling" that I hope to finish this weekend.  It's over half way done.  Keep your eyes peeled).

0 comments: