BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 1, 2010

Just Doin' It


I have committed.

I am doing our Women's Bible Study (Esther, by Beth Moore). 

This is my first Beth Moore study, and I've heard they are pretty intense.  I'm excited.  And a little anxious.

And, did I mention, that I'm doing it in Spanish?

Yeah, that's where the anxiety comes into play.

My book is in English, but my friend Daisy asked me to join the Spanish table.  I told her I was unsure of my skills and such, and she said that she really felt like I should do it.

So I thought about it for a week, and then signed up.

I don't mind talking to kids and teens in Spanish, but I really don't care for talking to people my age and older.  Mark is really encouraging about it, but let's be honest-I'm not a native speaker.  I'm rusty at best,and a bumbling idiot at worst these days. 

I trust that I'm going to learn a lot...about Spanish and about life.  I just wish sometimes that learning wasn't synonymous with discomfort, stretching, growing, and even, sometimes, failing.

Anything worth having is worth sacrificing for.  I want to have the ability to be comfortable expressing myself in Spanish. 

I guess I'll just have to sacrifice some of this wretched pride to get there.

2 comments:

Britney said...

I've done this study! one of my favorites! beth moore is amazing. so raw and real.

Alibear said...

Thanks for this post! This really hit home. I needed to hear this, "I just wish sometimes that learning wasn't synonymous with discomfort, stretching, growing, and even, sometimes, failing."

You can do it! I'm cheering for you.