BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away...

It's sunny out. 

I love that.  More than loving that it's sunny, I love the juxtaposition.  I love sunny days in the winter.  And the occasional rainy day in the summer.  It reminds me that I'm not the one in control, and that God can do whatever it is he wants, thankyouverymuch.

And I'm glad that today, in Portland, Oregon, God was in the mood for some sun.

Because truth be told, so was I. 

Yesterday was a blah day.  I did get a workout done, but I also had a bowl of icecream. (or maybe two-not back to back).  The kids were fine, but it was just a blah day.  I didn't have the energy to really the desire to go anywhere or do anything.  I just wanted to sit on the couch, play with the boys and nap.  I got to do all but the latter.  My PT LT. Wonderful was, well, wonderful and brought home daffodils for me.  He knew that it was a blah day, and he knows that daffodils are my favorites. 

Is there anything more cheerful than a daffodil? 

No, no there isn't.

So, today I sit here, enjoying the sunshine, enjoying my daffodils, and knowing that just by running the dishwasher I was more productive today than yesterday.  Planning dinner and picking up the house are just like little bonuses.

I really don't like those blah days, but I guess they serve a purpose.  I feel more accomplished today.  I like that feeling.

Love,
Jenni

PS Got our fingerprints turned in for the adoption!  One more little thing done :)

0 comments: