BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Brief Pause

Long Night.  Longer morning.

Our flight left at midnight and we got here at 6 for our layover.  I had a day reservation at a hotel and so we were ready to crash.  Did I mention that Theo didn't fall asleep until more than an hour into the flight?!  This kid's normal bedtime is 7, so he was giddy tired. 

We got to our hotel and find out that they were completely booked last night, so our room was given away (they had actually assigned us a room since we were getting in so early).  The most frustrating part is that we called from the airport to make sure things were ready and they didn't tell us anything.  Grrr.  I was very polite, but asked for a discount because it was going to be 2 hours until we got a room.  They said no.  I was fine, but planned on coming back down to ask.  We went and stuffed ourselves with the free breakfast and things were going fine until Theo lost it.  He was SCREAMING because he wanted to play with the TV remote.  After we got him calmed down, the manager came over and offered us a discount.  I guess sometimes having your child scream in a full room is a good thing, right?  I promise I didn't pinch him to get that to happen.

At a little after 8 we finally got our room and we came in and crashed for about 5 hours.  Now I'm going to go hit the gym for a few minutes, shower and get ready to get on the plane tonight at 6.  Our bags were checked through to Managua, and I'm really hoping and praying that they make it. 

OK, I'm out for now.

Peace and love,
Jenni

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it didn't sound cruel, I would guess that the HS gave Theo a pinch. Poor kid, he must have been absolutely exhausted. It is unusual thought that Theo was the one to holler about not getting his way.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well!

-- Nana