BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 29, 2010

Nicaragua: The Girls







We had a great time visiting the girls this last week.  Probably the best visit we've had.  We were granted permission to take the girls out, so we got to go out together as a family. 

As we piled the kids in the truck, Mark turned to me and said, "I'm so happy!  We're a family!"  And he was so right.  We were full to overflowing (literally in the truck, and in our hearts, too).  The kids were excited, we were excited, it was so FUN!  I know in the future difficult days will come, but we'll always have the memory of going out together.  I look at it like a daffodil, ( I know that's cheesy) but when we're "stuck in the muck" as Tate likes to say, we'll be able to look back on the fun we had together and know that even though things are difficult, we truly love each other. 

For our "date" we took them to the mall and then out to Tip Top (like McDonalds with the playplace but they serve chicken).  The mall was clearly overwhelming...they had never been before.  Escalators were really scary but the girls went on them.  If you can picutre the scene from the movie Elf...it was kind of like that. 

There also may or may not have been an incident with me trying to (unsuccessfully) run up the down escalator to get Maricela and Ana onto it. 

Mark may or may not have been laughing so hard he was crying at the bottom. 

A stranger may or may not have lifted the girls onto the escalators after watching me try to reach them in vain.  (Give me a break, I was in flipflops!)

We had a great time.  The girls asked if they could come home with us now.  They were nervous about telling me that their mom came to visit, but I reassured them that I'm not competing with her, she's their mom and they should always honor her.  They were visably relieved not to have to choose sides. 

We could really use your prayer for two specific things regarding the girls and the adoption:

1.  That Nicaragua would open up for us to be able to continue with the adoption SOON.
2.  For grace and wisdom dealing with their mom.  We think she just wanted to visit and see how the girls were doing, talk to them about the adoption, etc. but we really don't know.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit concerned, but in the big picture we're confident that God's got it taken care of. 

Thanks, friends!

Peace and love,
Jenni

1 comments:

Christine Langager said...

Jenni,
Your pictures are beautiful! I'm glad you got to make such wonderful memories with your family=)

xoxo,
Christine