BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 26, 2010

A bit of an update

First, thanks to you who shared your thoughts with me on Arizona's "immigration reform".  I personally am very upset about the whole thing, I think it's targeting Latinos (obviously) and trying to turn the police force into the Gestapo.  If I was an Arizona voter, I'd be pissed.  I highly doubt that the crime rate is so low that the police have time to search out illegal immigrants and send them home.  And don't even get me started about the part where those "with" immigrants can be arrested as well.  That makes me wonder about how the school system will work...not to mention those professions already discussed in the article (medical and clergy).  If I was a MLB player, I would rally to get spring training moved from Peoria.  I know it's for a short time every year, but it boosts the Arizona economy and I think the players should unite against the racism of this law. 

I realize that the above isn't very eloquent, but give me a break.  I've been sick for the past week and just feeling good enough to rant a little bit is a huge accomplishment. 

OK, in other news...

I'M NOT SICK ANYMORE!!

Saturday I felt great, but tired easily.  Yesterday was the first day I really felt 'normal'.  I'm a little nervous about going to the gym and seeing just how out of it I am, but that's life. 

I lost about 5 lbs in 2 days.  I was pretty stoked.  But I've added a couple pounds back on.  It's fine.  I realize that losing weight by starving myself (only because I couldn't bear to look at any food) isn't the way to do it.  I'll get it back off soon.  I feel confident in my ability to get the last bit off.

Tate's developing a love of flip flops.  He wore them to church yesterday and was so excited.  He showed them to everyone.

Theo can get up and down the stairs all by himself.  He's been going up since we moved in to the house in November, but just recently began sliding down the stairs on his tummy by himself.  I'm not ready to take the gates down yet, but getting close. 

Mark should know the specifics of the Korea project in the next couple of weeks. 

Well, that's about it for now.  I did finish a project last night, so I'll post on that soon.

Take care, friends.  Thanks for staying with me through the drought.

Peace and love,
Jenni

0 comments: