BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 5, 2010

Catch Up

-Good news on the adoption front!  Maricela is staying at the orphanage!  We are so excited and relieved.  We know that God works through any and all situations, but we really feel that it's best for her to be at the orphanage right now.  I can't even explain the relief I feel.

-We had a great Easter with the family.  Theo's got a bad cold so he was a little grumpy, but I can't blame him.  He did get a good night's sleep last night.

*************

Project #10:

Knitted and Felted bag.


I finished this one a while ago, but I couldn't find a suitable bobble anywhere.  Then Saturday, my mom and I stopped by Fred Meyer's on the way home from our workout.  Lucky for me, they had their bobbles out on display, and they were 50% off!  I found a very pretty butterfly that perfectly accents the purple and light pink!!  I am so excited!

The bag is my own pattern, one I've never done before.  I just thought it would be fun to try out, and I am pretty happy with how it turned out.  It felted down more than I wanted it to, but I blame our washing machine.  You can't stop it once it starts on a cycle, so I'm not going to felt with it again.  Live and learn, huh?

I think one of my favorite practical features of the bag is that it sits upright on its own.  For someone with a full purse (like moi) this is a lifesaver.

So, I'm 33.33% to my goal!  Right on track!!

2 comments:

What we are all about said...

very cute bag! I love it! So happy things are working out at the orphanage. I know that was a huge relief for you!

Kara said...

The bag is PERFECT! Well done! The butterfly bobble just warms my cookies.

I'd love to see the written pattern. *hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge*

The girls are always in my prayers. Texas loves both sets of The Stearns' Seven!