BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Soo...



If you're wondering how the adoption process is going, well, this post is for you!

We are done with our part of the homestudy.  The homestudy is when the state (or agency on behalf of the state) certifies us to adopt.  In this case, our homestudy consisted of MANY documents (birth certificate, marriage license, tax records, the questions, etc), fingerprints and a background check, three meetings (in our case two were in our house, one outside of the house), physicals for each of us, and for Mark and myself TB tests, urinalysis, and an HIV test.  Tons of fun, let me tell you.

Our caseworker, Carrie, is writing all this into a Homestudy document.  Once this is done we send the Homestudy along with certificates and licenses into Immigration.  They go through our stuff and then send us an appointment to get fingerprinted with the FBI in Salem.  This is all to get federally approved to adopt internationally.

After receiving that OK we then submit all of our stuff to Nicaragua for processing.  We have no idea now long that will take.  What is on our side, though, is that everything and everyone is on board with the adoption, we don't have to terminate rights or anything.  At the same time we're waiting on Nicaragua, we have to have the Orphanage submit paperwork to the US Embassy in Managua saying that the girls are actually orphaned (there's a list of criteria that have to be met.  The girls meet this criteria but it just has to be documented).  Once Nicaragua and the US are done then the adoption can be finalized and the girls come home with us.

So, in the big picture, where are we?  I have no idea.  I have no clue how long Nicaragua is going to take to process our paperwork.  I'm praying believing that the girls could be home by Christmas.  It would take a miracle, but I know it's possible.  Would you join me in praying that for us?

We are almost done with the big paperwork mess.  I am guessing that we'll file with Immigration next week, and then we wait! 

3 comments:

Cadovius said...

I will pray along with you, my dear sister!!!

Kara said...

Always in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

hmmm...Christmas, curious. I may share with you one day.

Love you bunches,
-- Mom Stearns