BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 24, 2010

Tired of Fighting

I've been battling these last 5-7 pounds for a long time.

Just today I have decided that I'm done.  I'm finished.  I'm tired of feeling like I need to do something about it and not doing anything. 

I have decided that as of today, I've won.  I'm not going to fight it the same way.  I've been playing tug-of-war for months.  That game is over.  I'm going to win.

I am going to have my allotted amount of water everyday.

I am going to eat my full servings of veggies and fruit everyday.

I am only going to eat when I am hungry.

I am not going to eat dessert during the week.

I'm training for a marathon, for goodness' sake.  I can get this last little bit off.  I just need to stop being ridiculous about what I'm eating.  That's the key (for me, at least).  If I just start eating a little better, I'm confident that I will beat the last 7 pounds. 

I'm winning.  Not fighting, winning!

3 comments:

Kara said...

Training for a marathon... You do realize that those "last 7 lbs" have likely been converted already to muscle, yes?

It's not about the numbers, it's about being fit. You're already there!! Time to celebrate with a victory lap.

Loves!

Cadovius said...

I understand the whole battle thing. I'm soooo very proud of you hun for all of your hard work. You are doing a fantastic job and remember that at least you're fighting the aging process and that, my dear, is the best goal in the world! Keep working hard and you'll reap the rewards!

Carrie said...

Hi Jenni,

I know it feels like a war, but a couple of posts ago, you wrote about running 18 miles - UPHILL! You have already won, my friend. The VAST majority of 7-pounds-less-weighing women could NEVER say that!

7 pounds is so much less than 18 miles! The 7 is goin' down! :)

--Carrie