BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 7, 2010

20=Done!

Let me first give a shout out to God-the weather on Saturday was INCREDIBLE!  Friday and Sunday were cloudy and rainy, so I know he was blessing us for our run. 

We set a best time in our half!  Super exciting!  I was really impressed with our ability to keep pace through mile 16.  After that we hobbled along to reach 20, but overall we were right on.  We did have some fast miles in there.  Especially 10-13.  Knowing that we were going to get a personal best really helped us kick it into gear.  

Let me just say, if you're going to run a marathon (or any distance that intimidates you) my best advice is this:

FIND A PARTNER.

14, 16, 18, 20 miles is just too long to be in your own head.  Even if you start out with a positive attitude it's hard to keep it up for 14 miles.  If you have someone else there with you, you're less likely to wimp out.  You want to save face.  So you keep going.  Partners make the run so much more enjoyable and fun.  Plus, you get to catch up and do something healthy-check out that efficiency!

The taper has begun!!!

4 comments:

Christine said...

I love me some taper;)

Jenni Stearns said...

Dearie, don't I know it?! That taper comment was just for you!!

Cadovius said...

I'm so proud of you, my Dear! You're doing a fantastic job and I'll be cheering you on in spirit for your big day!

Miriam Piorter said...

You are a great running partner! Thanks for being positive and helping me yell at my legs!!