BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tate Quotes

Why we aren't homeschooling:

Tate: Mom, people have two legs.
Me: You're right.
Tate: But Mom...dogs have 3 or 4. 
Me:  [long pause as I try and decide how to respond] well...
Tate:  And Mom, people have two eyes.
Me: Yes they do!
Tate: But cats only have ONE [holds up one finger for clarity.]



Perhaps being a veterinarian's grandson is causing some confusion...?

The cat pictured above is my parent's cat, CC who recently went from "CC" to "C".  We talked about it quite a bit to prepare Tate, and judging from his reaction I'd say that he got it!


Also, for the record, we have two dogs.  One has three legs and the other has four.  The three legged dog is appropriately named Skipper.

********************
Tate:  Mom I have the GREATEST Grandma and the BESTEST Nana!!
Me:  Yes you do!  What about Grandma Annie?
Tate: [giggles] Moooom, she's the cutest!

********************
Tate and my dad were in the car driving from our house to McMinnville.  It's about a 45 minute drive.  They were both getting a little tired, so my dad decided to sing to pass the time.  He went through his entire repertoire of "A Boy Named Sue", "Big Bad John", "Jeremiah was a Bullfrog", etc.  After finishing all the songs he could think of, he asked Tate if there were any songs he wanted to sing.  Tate responded,

"Ummm, Grandpa? 
I think we need to start singing about God."

1 comments:

thecrowls said...

haha. I laughed out loud about the last quote. Thank you for sharing these with me!