BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 28, 2010

We Are MARATHONERS!!

That's right, folks.  We finished our MARATHON!!!  26.2 miles!!

Here we are the morning before thinking, "In 24 hours we'll be running!"






Here I am at 5:30 the morning of.  I was a little nervous and a little excited.



"If I was goin' somewhere, I was running."

Finishers!

Me and my biggest fan/groupie.

What every woman needs post marathon: a waffle cone and ice cream.

In accordance with my honesty policy I will tell you this:  I may be struggling a bit with pride.  I am practically wearing my medal everywhere.  I can't sleep in it (it's too big) but I'm sure if I could figure out how to without strangling myself, I would.  Mark hasn't begged me to take it off yet, but I have a feeling it may come to that soon.

Also, I am painfully sore.  I have a huge blister on my left big toe.  Strange, I know.  I may be losing a couple of toe nails...the jury is still out on that. 

But in spite of all that, I have to say that it was wonderful.  I felt good through mile 20, and then I did some walking.  I'll admit it.  I may have even walked all of mile 24.  And mile 25 was horrible because I had to pee so badly I was miserable.  I tried to pop a squat a couple of times but there were just too many people close.  And my shirt was bright.  I couldn't exactly hide.

I am thinking of doing it again next year.  We'll see where we're at, but I think it would be fun to try and beat my time.  Time will tell.

Sorry I didn't update before this, it took me about 2 days to get off the couch.  I'm just starting to walk like a regular person again...prior to this afternoon I kind of resembled an ape.

Have a good one!

Peace and love,
Jenni

1 comments:

Christine said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy and in awe of you, your dedication, determination, and your 'muchness' (hopefully you've seen the new Alice in Wonderland or that will make no sense). You're awesome, friend (we already knew that though, it just gets more exponential=)