BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 14, 2010

What a Mighty Fine Man

What a man
What a man
What a man
What a man
What a mighty fine man!

I'm talking about Lt Wonderful, of course!
He's tops, and I mean that sincerely. 

The only reason I finished my 9 mile run (it ended up being closer to 10 actually) is because of Lt Wonderful.  He got up with the boys on Saturday night/Sunday morning so that I could get a restful night's sleep and wake up ready to run. 

During my run I wanted to stop and go back home several times.  I can't find my ipod right now and I was running by myself.  Without anything to distract me and no music to help when my endorphins weren't enough, I was really struggling.  Then I would think about how Mark got up 3 times during the night to get the boys back to sleep and I would step it up.  I wanted to honor the sacrifice he made by finishing.  I know it sounds cheesy, but it really helped!

Let me just say: I never would have thought this way a month ago.  I would have felt like Lt Wonderful owed me or something like that.  Then I started reading this book, "Created to be His Help Meet" by Debi and Michael Pearl.  It's really changed my outlook on this whole wife/mom thing.  I've been learning a lot about honoring my husband!  It's exciting! 

I could write an entire novel on how I feel about this book.  I don't agree with some of their theology (namely how they take a few verses completely out of context) but the bulk of what they say is great.  Lt Wonderful has even noticed how well I'm doing, so that's something!

All this to say that I have a great husband, and I ran 9 miles on Sunday because of him.


Peace and love,
Jenni

1 comments:

Miriam Porter said...

Way to go on the run. Can you believe the marathon is almost here! I am getting pretty excited. We are really lucky to have great husbands!