BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 19, 2010

The Night Before Nicaragua

Twas the night before Nica,
and all through the Stearns' house,
everybody was running around
like a cat chasing a mouse.

The suitcases were hastily thrown by the door,
because we knew we'd be up
way before four.

Then the children finally crashed in their beds
with visions of mosquito's flying around in their heads.
And me in my jammies, and mark in his robe
he worked on fixing the broken commode.

Then on the side table there arose such a clatter,
and I jumped from my bed, knowing nothing's the matter!
Quickly I dressed, brushed my teeth and my hair
Now for the boys!  I ran up the stairs!

"Boys, time for Nica!" 
I shouted with glee.
"Up and at 'em, let's go, let's FLEE!"

We ran down the stairs,
To our trusty bus, Gus.
And soon we were off...
TO THE AIRPORT OR BUST!

"Let's visit Maricela, Teresa and Ana,

Now Stanley, now Kevin, now Juan and Zaida."

...and away we all flew like the down of a thistle

"We're off to Nicaragua,
 remember...
we'll be back in November!"

1 comments:

Britney said...

hilarious! i hope you keep the posts up while you're away!