BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 1, 2010

...What Will You Do Now?

Isn't that the old question, "Now that you've ___________, what will you do now?"  And isn't the answer something like, "I'm going to Disneyland!!!"? 

I know you're on the edge of your seats, so here I go.  "Jenni, now that you finished your marathon, what will you do now?"

"Well, thanks for asking.  I'm heading to Nicaragua for 8 weeks.  I leave in 19 days!  Then I head to Korea and Thailand for 8 more weeks!"

Seriously.

LT Wonderful's civilian job is sending him to Korea for 4 months, so I'm going to Nicaragua with the boys for 2 months and then will meet up with Mark for the last two months.  This is a huge opportunity for him, and I'm thrilled but also a little eh...I don't know what to call it.  I'm not worried about the time apart.  Heaven knows we've gone much longer in much worse conditions.  But at the same time, part of the appeal of civilian life was the idea that we wouldn't have to be apart again. 

Please believe me, I'm not complaining.  Being apart civilian vs. military is a cake walk.  But still, it's two months where the boys are going to be without their dad. They'll have 75 brothers and sisters to occupy their time, but no dad.  I'm just dreading that part of it.

I'm also choosing to be in Nicaragua.  There's really no place I'd rather be.  I just wish LT Wonderful could be with me there.  We're choosing to believe that this opportunity is setting him up to do well in the future.  I believe this is an awesome chance for him to learn how to set up an office starting with nothing. 

So if I'm not around as much in the next few weeks it's because I'm desperately trying to get everything in order to be gone for 4 months. 

Easier said than done.

If only you could see my to do list...

Peace and love,
Jenni

1 comments:

Miriam Porter said...

I will be praying for you and am going to miss you alot while you are gone. Be safe, have fun.