BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 4, 2010

2010 Craft Goal Update-AGAIN!

OK, so perhaps I don't do much here in Korea...

Project #23
Screwy Scarf
(that LT Wonderful hates)




The colors don't show up very well so I'll have to take some pictures outside in natural light.  I think then maybe I'll be happier with how they show...they really are five very different shades.  I bought these about 4 years ago and I made one scarf and I had a ball of each left over and I was saving them for another something "inspired".  I knew it'd be a scarf, but I didn't just want to do another version of the same thing I've done a hundred times.

Then I saw this pattern in a book and I loved it!  LT Wonderful does not, though, it's too funky for him.  Oh well.  You win some...blah blah blah.

I've never used this method and I thought it was fun!  I wish it could be a little bit longer, but I only had a  small amount of each.  If I had to make another one, I'd probably use only three strands because it's pretty bulky.  I think the five will be nice this winter while we're in Korea though.  You can see from the top picture that it nicely covers the neck/throat area and is very soft and snuggly.

It's such a relief to have that yarn used!  I feel as though it's been taunting me in the closet, waiting for me to find my inspiration.  Now I feel profound relief knowing it's been put to good use.

7 left my friends...

2 comments:

Kara said...

Screwy Scarves - ok... please, please, pretty please email the pattern for this stitch to me?? I would so drop my knitting needles for a crochet hook for that!

We love you!

jillian said...

Oh, I love it!!! Great job.