BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 31, 2010

Decompressing Bullet Points

  • My fingernails are bright pink.  Ana decided to paint them.  Pink isn't my favorite color (by a long shot) and ironically this nailpolish has stayed on longer than any other has. 
  • We're on our way home for 18 hours.  I'm depressed about that but happy that we'll get to be together in Korea.  And I'm hoping the end is in sight.
  • Christmas at Casa was amazing. 
  • Having the girls with us for 10 days was probably the most rewarding thing ever, and the most difficult thing ever.
  • Pre teen girls are really, really different than pre teen boys. 
  • High School Musical in any form is now banned from my house until further notice.
  • The way little ones are able to pick up language is amazing to me.
  • I've finished my craft projects for the year, but I still have to post them. 
  • Over eating during the holidays is cross cultural.
  • Atlanta Int'l Airport is one of the busiest and craziest airports I've ever been in.
  • Eat, Pray, Love has been the movie shown on three of the four flights.  I'm sick of it.
  • I'm really thankful that I've done some reading on attachment stuff for kids, and after the last week I am convicted that I have a ton more to do.
  • It's going to be a really, really, really big change to have three girls with us all the time.
  • I've never been happier that we chose to proceed with all three girls rather than leaving one or two behind. 
  • I have no idea why Tate loves being on the floor.  It seems like no matter where we go he ends up on the floor.  He must have an amazing immune system because he's not sick all that often and the germs he encounters down there...yuck.
  • Theo eats way more than Tate. And sleeps way less.
  • I got to pay Erika for her hats for Hope By Design and it was one of the highlights of my trip.  Watching her jaw drop when I told her how much the hats sold for was so fun.  She had a baby on the 9th of December and knowing that she can still make money while staying home with her child is such a relief for her and her husband.  I love that the skills my grandma taught me are being used to change lives.
  • Tonight I have to dump out all of our summer clothes and pack all of our winter clothes.  I'm really hoping our luggage arrives with the airplane because if it doesn't I don't know what we'll take to Korea.  Garbage bags?
  • I'm supremely happy that we were able to spend Christmas with the kids at Casa Bernabe.  I missed our family but I know it was the right choice for us this year.
  • The girls' grandparents came to visit them on Christmas.  It was wonderful to meet them and have the girls spend a couple of hours with them. 
Well, I'm off to try and get Theo to sleep.  Thanks to Delta and modern technology I'm able to connect to the interwebs while we're on the plane.  Mark, bless his heart, has both of the boys for a few minutes so I can get a break.  Theo is 100% hands on right now!

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Kara said...

I'm so glad you had a good trip to Nica with the girls! Praying constantly that they get to come home to the States without delay.

Love you!

Christine said...

Sounds like you all had a fun time! I'm thoroughly enjoying your pink nail polish and can imagine the look on your face when the idea was presented to you=) I'm praying for peaceful and restful travels for you all. Kiss the babies! xoxo