BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 New Years Resolution



I can’t believe that another year has passed. I’ve been thinking about my New Year’s Resolutions for a while now, and while there are a ton of things I want to change, the more I pray about it the more I am convinced that there is one thing that needs to be above all else. For this reason, I have decided that 2011 is going to be the year of contentedness.

I am going to be content with my life. I am going to choose to celebrate what I have and not think about what I don’t have.

Tate and Theo are at great ages-and I want them to look back and remember their mom being a fun, happy, loving kind of lady. Not that I can’t be that with goals, but sometimes I get overwhelmed with goals and my relationships suffer as a consequence.

It’s a great time for me to implementing this. We’re about done with the Nicaragua side of the adoption so we now just sit and wait. I don’t need to rush around to get paperwork completed. I don’t need to push…after talking with several families in the process I feel like I can honestly say that whether I push or sit and relax doesn’t matter with the timeframe for the adoption. Everything here processes at its own speed. I can simply sit and just be content with my life the way it is right now.

I resolve to play with my boys and not worry about finishing craft projects.

I resolve to put my husband’s needs before my own to ensure that he is content. When he’s content it seems like the rest of us just follow suit.

I resolve to not wait until the girls are with us to do fun things. Our life is now. We have only now.

I resolve to uncomplicated our lives by giving away or throwing away things we don’t need.

I resolve to encourage my boys.

I resolve to stop thinking of things in terms of failures and successes. As one wise man stated, “there are no failures, only outcomes."

When I do inevitably fail, I resolve to view it as a means to an end, and the end is success.

2011 is shaping up to be a great year. But instead of looking ahead and planning it all out, I’m going to enjoy the moments with LT Wonderful, Tate and Theo. When we get to spend time with our girls and boys in Nicaragua I’ll celebrate that, too.

So 2011 will look a little different for me. Instead of checklists I’m going anti-checklist. And I’m thinking it may just be our best year yet!

0 comments: