BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 7, 2011

Book Review: 60 Minute $ Workout



I have always had a love/hate relationship with personal finance.  I love it when we're doing well and I hate it when we're not doing well.  In my quest to learn more about PF, I have read several books and taken classes, specifically Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. 

When I received Ellie Kay's new book on PF, I was excited.  I've read most of her others and I really like her!  She tells wonderful stories in her books and they are easy to read without making me feel guilty. 

But to be honest, I felt like this book was lacking a little bit.  Her stories and information were great, but I didn't care for the 60 minute workouts she talks about.  I understand the analogy she talks about but I just don't like the method.  LT Wonderful and I  have a system down now, perhaps that's why I don't care for this one.  

If you skip over the "workout" sections the book is great.  Ellie is always very on top of the latest money saving resources and includes them in her book.  There are also codes in the book that you can use by emailing her to get access to restricted areas on her website.  I would say that the book is worth it based on that alone.  The tools that are on the website are fantastic and we have started incorporating them into our budget meetings. 

If you're looking for a place to start with finances, this book could be a good option for you.  However, I would say that starting somewhere else with more accountability would be even better.  

Overall I'd say this book is a solid two stars out of five.  

*I received this book for free from Waterbrook Multnomah for review purposes. 

0 comments: