BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Getting Crafty

My Craft Challenge has been over for a couple of months now, but I still have some yarn in my stash.  I'm down to mostly odds and ends that I have very little inspiration for.  Since I still don't want to spend a ton of money on yarn, I've been working really hard to continue using the yarn from my stash.  

Several years ago I bought this camouflage yarn accidentally.  Online the colors shown were tan, beige and brown so I thought they would make a striped brown bag.  Imagine my surprise when I got the yarn in the mail and it wasn't striping AND there was green mixed in.  I was annoyed.  I wracked my brain trying to decide what to make out of the yarn for the last three years. 

Then my good friend found out she was having a little girl.  And her husband is a hunter.  So I put two and two together and came up with this: 





Super fun!

The pink yarn has also been a source of frustration for me.  I think it works perfectly with the camouflage.  It's right shade and right weight. 

So I'm pretty excited about the results.  And a couple more skeins of yarn down!

1 comments:

Jessica07 said...

Oh my gosh! I love these!!! Is there any chance in you sharing the pattern? :)

My husband and I are still trying to conceive, so I'm not sure whether I would want this in pink or blue. Would it be wrong to make a little boy where a blue rose on on his head? LOL