BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Book Review: Lilies in Moonlight

51JVhae7jVL._SS500_.jpg


I recently read "Lilies in Moonlight" * by Allison Pittman.  The book is delightful, set in the roaring 20's.  The story follows Lily, a young woman who ran away from her overly religious mother in order to make her life on her own terms.  She ends up in Florida, living with an older woman and her son, a severely burned war veteran. 

The book took a while to pull me in, but since I was in the mood for some fun fiction, I stuck it out.  Once the story got going, though, it was great fun!  There were spiritual truths in the book, but they weren't very strong.  Toward the end it was more evident that the book is Christian fiction, but it seemed to me like first and foremost it is a love story. 

The characters are vibrant and fun, I really enjoyed the characters.  Lily is fun, but the supporting characters really make the story interesting!  I especially enjoyed the demeanor of the Mrs. Burnside, she was just such a neat character.  

I would definitely recommend this book to friends.  It's a quick read, a good story, and it's wholesome.  I hear there are some other books out there that she's written, set in the same time period.  I'm going to hunt those down because you can never have too many wholesome, fun books to read. 

*Which I was given by Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing for review purposes. 

0 comments: