BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cute Story

One of the things that really bothers me about our bathroom (the master) is that I haven't done anything with it.  It's not our house and I don't plan on doing anything big, but it would be nice to have some basic homey touches.  Like a toothbrush holder.  Or bathmats.  Or both.

I was at Target the other day by myself and I decided to browse the housewares area.  [sidenote: it was delightful to browse without little hands helping!]  I found a cute toothbrush holder in a really pretty red, and I thought about getting a teal blue bathmat to go with it.  I like the combination of red and teal, and we have a really picture hanging in our bedroom of sailboats and water...I love it.  It's got teals, yellow and a dark red in it, so I thought it would work well.  The more I thought about it though, the more I decided that I shouldn't.  The toothbrush holder was only $4.99, and the bathmats were about $15.00, but I would need a couple of them.  I put everything back, thinking that I could find a toothbrush holder at Goodwill and spray paint it a color that I like and it will be the same.  As far as the rug, I have a plan but I don't want to spoil it yet.

So yesterday I went to Goodwill.  I was looking for toothbrush holders and I found one that would work.  I was going to need paint, but it was going to be fine.  And it was $1.99 which was a huge win.  As I looked through one more time, I noticed a really pretty red cup peeking out from behind a vase.  I pulled it out and wouldn't you know?!  It was the EXACT one from Target that I had carried around with me in my cart.

The price?  $0.99.

That, my friends, is a HUGE win!

0 comments: