BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sheltering My Kids: A Success Story

There are some words I just don't like.  Most of them aren't bad words, I just can't stand them for one reason or another.  I would make a list here, but I know that someone (most likely my dear husband) would make sure to send me emails with the words listed over and over.

One of the words I detest is [am I really admitting this?  It may haunt me for the rest of my life] fart.  I hate the word fart.  I think it's worse than THE "f word".  I would rather use just about any other phrase for passing gas than that F word.  I just can't stand it.

So the other night we were eating dinner, and the salad had broccoli in it.  Tate and Theo asked for a piece of broccoli and LT Wonderful (who was not being so wonderful) made a quick comment that broccoli makes you fart.  Then he laughed at himself, because he regularly cracks himself up.

[At this point I glared at him from across the table.  As long as I can keep that word out of my house, the better.  Tate's almost five and still isn't aware it exists. ]


Tate and Theo pick up on the laughing and both start laughing themselves.  Then Tate took a big bite of the broccoli and said, "DAD!  You're right!"

Then he started barking.

Yes.  He barked.

"Dad!  Broccoli makes me bark!"

Theo noticed the attention Tate was getting [and he has to get in on any sort of attention getting] so he started barking and saying, "Broccoli makes me bark! HAHAHAHAHA!"

And we laughed until we cried.

I'm going to go ahead and put this one in the win category.

1 comments:

Anneke said...

That's SO funny Jenni! Glad to hear these little stories. :-)