BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Book Review: Indelible: A Novel


Indelible: A Novel by Kristen Heitzmann



A quick, enjoyable read.  The main characters were particularly likable, and the story kept me interested.  Honestly, I had a hard time putting the book down because I wanted to find out what was going to happen next!  

As far as the characters and their development, I haven't read any of the other books in this series, so from the beginning I felt a little bit lost.  Due to the amount of time spent on characters that weren't central to the story, I figured out on my own that this was number 2 or 3 in a series.  There was some backstory given, but I wasn't particularly drawn to the supporting characters (with the exception of the painter hired by Sara-I loved her!). 

Even though I was pretty uninterested in the supporting characters.  Her obsession with Trevor really annoyed me…I found it a little creepy, too.  Seriously, she's married and has a child with Trevor's best friend, why would she be pining for Trevor?  Perhaps in the previous books this bizarre behavior was explained better, I don't know.  Either way, I didn't like it; it made me terribly uncomfortable.

Although I didn't like some of the character interactions, I would still recommend this book.  The plot was interesting enough that I was hooked the entire way through.  The story has good morals (and doesn't preach at all…I was kind of wondering where the "Christian" part of the story was honestly, it was very downplayed) and is a good summer fun read.


*I was given this e-book by Waterbrook Multnomah Publishers for the review purposes. 

0 comments: